This hotel credit card is a hidden gem, offering automatic elite status benefits and incredible reward levels for travel and everyday purchases. You can earn thousands of points each year for booking an awards night at one of Wyndham’s 9,000 hotels worldwide.
About the Wyndham Rewards Card
Wyndham’s portfolio spans brands from all-inclusive resorts Alltra to Wyndham Garden to Microtel Inn & Suites. Awards night can be reached much more quickly by unlocking one of the Wyndham co-branded cards such as the entry-level Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card.
From automatic Gold elite status, which grants you privileges such as accelerated earning levels and late payments when available, to exclusive card member booking discounts, you may be surprised to find that the Wyndham Rewards Earner Card is a perfect match — and with no annual fees.
The card’s ongoing earning tier isn’t just useful for staying at Wyndham properties — you’ll earn bonus points for important categories like fuel, dining, and grocery stores. Other benefits, such as no foreign transaction fees and the potential to earn annual bonus points, are just the cherry on top.
It’s also worth noting that new applicants can earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening, which is enough for up to four free nights at some hotels.
Earn Wyndham Rewards Card Basics
- Annual fee: $0.
- Welcome bonuses: Earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Present: Earn 5 points per dollar spent at eligible Wyndham hotels and resorts; 5 points per dollar for gas, 2 points per dollar for dining and in grocery stores (excluding Target and Walmart), and 1 point per dollar for all other purchases.
- April Introduction: Get an introductory 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfers only, made within 45 days of account opening. Plus 0% APR for 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshare purchases. Then a variable APR of 19.99%, 24.24%, or 29.24% applies to purchases and balance transfers.
- April regular: 19.99%, 24.24% or 29.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance transfer fees: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater.
- Other privileges and benefits: Automatic Wyndham Rewards Gold elite status for benefits such as preferred room selection, late checkout and more; the potential to earn 7,500 bonus points each card anniversary if you spend at least $15,000 on purchases with the card; get 10% off when you exchange your points for go free awards; access to the best rates available at participating Wyndham hotels; and there are no foreign transaction fees.
- Does the publisher offer a pre-approval tool? NO.
- Recommended credit score: Good to excellent.
Wyndham Rewards Earning Card more details
Wyndham Prize Winner Card Rewards
With the Wyndham Rewards Earner Card, there are several ways to rack up thousands of points in no time. For starters, an introductory offer of 30,000 bonus points can help you increase your balance once you meet the $1,000 spend requirement within 90 days.
Beyond the welcome offer, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Card earns points in the following categories: 5 points per dollar on Wyndham hotels and petrol; 2 points per dollar for food and grocery purchases (excluding Target and Walmart); and 1 point per dollar for all other purchases.
Since you also earn elite Gold status automatically with this card, cardholders will earn an additional 10 points per dollar for Wyndham stays or 1,000 points per stay – whichever is more. That means you can earn a total of 15 points per dollar for your Wyndham stay thanks to this card. Other exclusive perks of the Wyndham Gold tier include:
- out late.
- Preferred room choice.
- Dedicated customer service team.
- Free wifi.
If you spend $15,000 (or more) successfully on your Wyndham Rewards Earner Card during your card’s birthday year, you’ll earn an annual 7,500 bonus points — which can earn you a free night depending on the hotel you choose. That breaks down to $1,250 in monthly spending, which is achievable if you use this card for all your daily purchases.
If you’re ready to put your hard earned points to use, you’re in luck. Wyndham Rewards is one of the few remaining hotel programs that maintains a rewards chart, meaning you know exactly how many points to spend. Free nights start at a reasonable 7,500 points per night, per bedroom for economy hotels, 15,000 points for mid-range brands, and 30,000 points for Wyndham’s more upscale outposts.
Potential Wyndham Rewards Earn Card rewards
Using government data and other publicly available information, we estimate that a household in the US that would be in the market for this card would have an annual income of $84,352 and fees of $25,087 that might be charged to the credit card.
- $868 spent on Wyndham hotels x 5 points = 4,340 points.
- $2,228 in fuel spend x 5 points = 11,140 points.
- $3,526 spending on restaurants x 2 points = 7,052 points.
- $3,459 for groceries x 2 points = 6,918 points.
- 15,006 for all other purchases x 1 point = 15,006 points.
Holders of this sample card can earn a grand total of 44,456 Wyndham Rewards points annually from purchases alone. That’s enough for seven free hotel nights at some Wyndham properties. And, this doesn’t include the 10% bonus points you’ll get from your automatic Gold status.
Wyndham APR Rewards Card
If you want to reduce existing card debt, you can take advantage of the card’s 0% introductory APR on 15 months of balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After this promotional period, a variable APR of 19.99%, 24.24% or 29.24% will apply.
Each balance transfer will incur a 5% fee, with a minimum of $5. The regular APR for purchases with this card is also 19.99%, 24.24%, or 29.24%, depending on your creditworthiness.
Wyndham Award Winning Card Pro
- Earn up to 5 points per dollar by staying at Wyndham: You’ll also earn additional bonus points with the automatic Gold elite status you earn with your Wyndham Rewards Earning Card.
- Auto Gold elite status: Enjoy 10% point bonus, free wifi, your preferred room type, late checkout if available, and more.
- Potential to earn 7,500 bonus points annually: If you spend $15,000 or more on the card, you’ll enjoy this annual bonus worth up to one free night at a qualifying Wyndham property.
- There are no annual fees or foreign transaction fees: Keep costs to a minimum with this affordable hotel card.
Wyndham Rewards Card Cons
- No introductory benefits of 0% APR on purchases: This only applies to balance transfers for 15 months made within 45 days of opening the card. The card only offers a 0% APR on Wyndham timeshare purchases for six billing cycles.
- High variable APR: You’ll want to avoid missing out on payments at all costs, as the card charges a regular APR of 19.99%, 24.24%, or 29.24%.
How does the Wyndham Rewards Earner card compare to other credit cards
Wyndham Rewards Earn Card vs. Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
For even greater Wyndham benefits, consider the Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Card. There’s a $75 annual fee, but you’ll enjoy automatic Platinum elite status, which gets you early check-in, Avis and Budget car rental upgrades, and more. The welcome bonus offers a larger payout for the same amount spent, as new applicants will earn 45,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Wyndham Rewards Card vs. Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card offers a unique way to collect free hotel nights at most brands around the world. Spending $500 on a card will earn you one stamp—and you’ll need 10 stamps to earn a gift night worth up to $110. You can also earn one stamp for each night you stay at an eligible property.
Also with no annual fees, Hotels.com cards have no foreign transaction fees and come with a Silver membership, which gets you free breakfast, airport transfers and more at select properties.
Wyndham Rewards Card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is one of the most popular travel rewards cards on the market for good reason. This results in simple and generous rewards for dining and also for travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® site. Plus it comes with valuable perks and benefits, all in a relatively low $95 annual fee package.
Cards earn 5 points per dollar for travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3 points per dollar for dining, certain streaming services, and wholesale online purchases (excluding Walmart, Target, and grocery clubs), 2 points per dollar for all purchases other travel and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Grand Prizes are flexible and can be exchanged for cash back, merchandise or gift cards. But savvy points-and-miles pros know a more worthwhile use is to redeem points for travel through Chase at a rate of 1.25 cents per point or transfer them to one of Chase’s travel loyalty partners at a rate of 1:1.
Should you get a Wyndham Rewards Earn Card?
Wyndham’s hotel portfolio includes budget-friendly brands like Days Inn and Super 8 hotels, where cash rates may already be affordable. On the other hand, you can get free nights at some of Wyndham’s best brands and resorts for as little as 30,000 points per night. If you’re looking for a travel card with no annual fees, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Card is a great choice and can help you save hundreds of dollars on hotels while on your trip.
Wyndham Rewards Card Summary
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Wyndham Rewards expire after four years of account inactivity. However, a simple purchase on a Wyndham Rewards Earner Card will accumulate points and count towards account activity, ensuring that your points balance is kept alive.
Barclays issues all Wyndham co-branded credit cards, including the Earned Wyndham Rewards Card.
The Wyndham Rewards card is a Visa Signature card and is accepted at millions of merchants worldwide that accept Visa. Plus, there are no foreign transaction fees to worry about with this card.
You need at least 7,500 points for one free night at a Wyndham property. Some hotels cost more than 30,000 points per night. Discounted award nights start at 1,500 points.